There is a common saying that “the loudest duck gets shot”. To become leaders in the legal profession, we need to have the ability and skills to speak up confidently and calmly when required.
The AALA CPD Committee is excited to present the third round of CPD workshops with Richard Lawton of Ignite Coaching for voice and presentation training.
Are you interested in...
- Techniques to help you stand fearlessly in front of any audience?
- How to manage your Inner Judge, Critic and Censor?
- Skills and tools to anchor you in the moment and think on your feet?
- Techniques to pull you out of performance anxiety?
The expected outcomes for the CPD are...
- How to command the space and be an impressive presence;
- how to embody authenticity, charisma, humour and personal magnetism;
- how you can command space and hold an impressive presence;
- techniques to enable you to stand fearlessly in front of any audience;
- how to manage your inner judge, critic and censor;
- skills and tools so that you make eye contact, project and relax into your authentic voice;
- ways to better manage performance anxiety; and
- to express authenticity, charisma and humour.
These workshops will contribute to improved leadership skills and greater confidence in speaking and presenting in all arenas - whether it be in the courtroom, face-to-face with a client or at a work function.
- Three x 1.5 hour coaching workshops.
- Held on Wednesdays starting at 5.45pm on 4, 11 and 18 October 2017.
- Total cost: $132.00 per participant.
- Only 20 spots available – first in, first served!
Please register by Wednesday, 27 September 2017.
For more information, please click here to view a flyer for Richard's workshops.
“On the Reader’s Course we really value the contribution of someone who brings a really practical application to the development of voice and body language. Richard has been working with us since October 2012, and in that time has helped many of our barristers develop these essential skills in order to communicate effectively.”
Jacqueline Stone, Victorian Bar, Reader’s Course
“Richard managed to persuade a fairly sceptical group of participants to step out of their comfort zone, which increased their confidence levels. An unusual and valuable component was his providing each of them with insightful, individual, real-time feedback, which they were able to implement immediately.”
Laura Grant, Graduate Resourcing Consultant, Lander & Rogers
“You graphically reminded me of the value of giving the voice (your instrument) its full potential.”
Ian Gray, State Coroner
“He marries his passion and excitement with a dynamic leadership style that people gladly follow. I’m delighted to recommend him.”
Tony Parsons,(former) CEO Victorian Legal Aid
“I particularly liked the work on stature… This really helped me soon after the course in dealing with some intimidating witnesses in a matter. I was able to adopt it and take control of the meeting.”
Shawanah Tasneem, Crown Prosecutor, Canberra