NSW Branch Meeting
The NSW Branch of the Asian Australian Lawyers Association Inc. (the Association) gives notice of, and invites you to, the 2020 NSW Branch Meeting of the Association (NSW Branch Meeting). The NSW Branch Meeting will be held:
Date: Monday 23 November 2020
Time: 5.15pm AEDT (for a 5.30pm start)
Venue: Video Conference via Zoom*
Zoom Details: Zoom details will be circulated upon Branch members’ registration.
*candidates running for a contested position will be invited to join the Branch Returning Officer at physical location to be determined at a later date.
All times referenced in this email are in AEDT / Sydney time.
The agenda for the NSW Branch Meeting will be as follows:
- Credentialling of Branch Members eligible to vote
- Acknowledgment of Country and preliminary matters, including confirmation of the minutes of NSW 2019 Branch Meeting
- Branch President’s Report
- Branch Secretary’s Report
- Election of Officeholders
- Vote of thanks by Chairperson and Close
Notice of Meeting and Proxy Form
Please refer to the attached formal Notice of NSW Branch Meeting which sets out the business to be conducted and includes the following annexures:
- Annexure A – Minutes of the 2019 NSW Branch Meeting (Draft);
- Annexure B – Nomination Form for Officeholders of the NSW Branch Committee; and
- Annexure C – Branch Meeting Proxy Form.
Non-members are welcome to attend the NSW Branch Meeting but will not be eligible to vote on the items of business (see further details below on eligibility to vote).
A Member is entitled to appoint another Member to attend, speak and vote at the NSW Branch Meeting, as the Member’s proxy, by completing the Proxy Form attached to the Notice and submitting it to the Association in accordance with the requirements specified on the Proxy Form itself and on the Notice of NSW Branch Meeting.
Eligibility to vote
A person is entitled to vote at the Branch Meeting if:
- the person is a Branch Member of the Association (other than an Associate Branch Member);
- more than 10 business days have passed since he or she became a Branch Member; and
- the Branch Member’s membership rights are not suspended for any reason.
If you have not yet paid your membership fees for the 2020-2021 financial year, you must have done so by midnight 6 November 2020. If you did not pay your membership fees for the 2020-2021 financial year by this time, you will NOT be eligible to vote at the Branch Meeting.
Nomination for Branch Committee
If required, elections for the positions of President and Secretary, and a single election for Ordinary Member positions of the NSW Branch Committee will be held at the NSW Branch Meeting.
Please see the Nomination Form at schedule B of the Notice for more information.
Completed Nomination Forms must be returned by 5.15pm (AEDT / Sydney time) on Sunday 22 November 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries about elections should be directed to Wai Kaey Soon, Branch Returning Officer of the NSW Branch of the Association, by email to email@example.com.